Azure Storage and CloudBerry Online Backup
Azure Storage and CloudBerry
In this article; we outline the steps to take to connect an Azure container with CloudBerry Online Backup so that data can be backed up directly into the Azure data centers. For an all included guide to Azure Storage and CloudBerry, refer to our Azure Blob Storage guide.
Once the Azure Storage Account has been created; it needs to be configured and connected into your MBS console. The steps to do this are as follows:
2. On the main menu, click Storage then Storage Accounts from the drop down.
3. On the Storage Accounts page; click on Add Account
4. On the Select Cloud Storage popup, select Microsoft Azure.
5. Enter the Account Details for the Azure Storage Account.
Display Name: What the Azure Storage Account will be named in MBS and CloudBerry Online Backup.
Account Name: This is the Storage Account Name in the Azure portal.
Shared Key: This is the Access Key for the Azure Storage Account in the Azure portal.
Account Type: In Australia and New Zealand; most users will use the default ‘Public’ option.
Once all details are entered, click Save.
6. Enter the details to Add or Create a new Destination Container.
Display Name The name of the storage container within MBS. This is what’s displayed when viewing storage within CloudBerry Online Backup as well.
Create new container If you’ve followed this document through; then select this option and enter the name of the storage container to be created in Azure.
Select Existing Container If there are already containers within the Azure Storage Account; then they will be displayed here and can be selected.
Once complete; click Save.
7. Assign permissions to the storage account for Online Backup Accounts (users) or companies (groups of users) and click Save.
Your Azure Blob Storage Account is now configured and displayed under the Storage Account page within the MBS console.
When logged into CloudBerry Online Backup as an Online Backup Account with permissions to the storage; it’ll now be displayed when selecting storage to use.